3M-Matic™ Case Sealer 8000af with 3M™ AccuGlide™ 3 Taping Head
3M-Matic™ Case Sealer 8000af Typical Properties
Maximum Box Height (Imperial)
Maximum Box Width (Imperial)
Minimum Box Height (Imperial)
Minimum Box Length (Imperial)
Minimum Box Width (Imperial)
3M-Matic™ Case Sealer 8000af Product Details
- Automatically folds flaps for precise sealing
- Quickly and easily adjusts to a wide range of case heights and widths
- Energy Savings Option automatically shuts sealer off if no box is present
- Traction-grip drive belts on each side center and stabilize a variety of case sizes
- 3M™AccuGlide™ 3 Taping Heads allow for low impact sealing that protects cases
- Designed to seal up to 40 uniform cases per minute
- Centrally located emergency stop on each side for easy access
- Height controls are located outside guarding for convenient adjustment
3M-Matic™ Case Sealer 8000af With 3M™ AccuGlide™ 3 Taping Head is a manually adjustable case sealer that folds the top flaps for sealing without the need for an operator. The twin gear motor drives power traction-grip drive belts on each side to center and stabilize cases up to 85 lbs. (38kg). This case sealer uses 2” (48mm) Scotch® box sealing tapes and seals up to 40 cases per minute.
Heavy-Duty and Adjustable Case Sealer
Our 3M-Matic™ Case Sealer 8000af With 3M™ AccuGlide™ 3 Taping Head is a case sealer that manually adjusts to multiple box sizes. It features a rugged 16-gauge welded steel frame and traction-grip belts for positive box conveying; the side belt drives can be set to a higher position to provide stability for taller boxes. The dual masts and dual crossbars provide taping head stability for the 3M™AccuGlide™ 3 Taping Heads, which offer low impact sealing to protect cases. This carton sealer uses 2” (48mm) tape to seal up to 40 uniform boxes per minute: case lengths of 6-30” (150-762mm), widths of 5.75-21.5” (146-546mm) and heights of 4.75-24.5” (120-622mm). The twin gear motor drives allow for high volume and heavy duty sealing applications, managing cases weighing up to 85 lbs. (38kg). The machine handles top flap folding prior to taping, eliminating the need for an operator to be constantly present.
The advantages of the 3M-Matic™ Case Sealer 8000af With 3M™ AccuGlide™ 3 Taping Head can be leveraged across many industries, including:
- Food and beverage
- Medical devices
- Manufacturing and distribution centers
Energy Savings Option
The Energy Saving Control Button is located on the column below the Emergency Stop Button on the Operator side of the 3M-Matic™ Case Sealer 8000af With 3M™ AccuGlide™ 3 Taping Head. Pressing the lighted Energy Saving Control Button engages / disengages this feature. When engaged, the drive belts will stop if there is not a continuous flow of boxes through the machine. Inserting a box will re-start the machine.
Taping Heads Provide Low Impact Sealing
Designed to apply a "C" clip of Scotch® box sealing tape, the 3M™ AccuGlide™ 3 Taping Heads seal the top and bottom center seams. With a flowing, curvilinear form for low impact and consistent application, 3M™ AccuGlide™ Taping Heads help protect the boxes while providing greater case throughput. Dual masts with dual crossbars provide stronger taping head stability.
The 3M™ AccuGlide™ 3 Taping Process
A regular slotted container (RSC) is placed on the conveyor and pushed into the drive belts, which convey the box into the taping head. The 3M™ AccuGlide™ 3 Taping Head applies Scotch® pressure sensitive film box sealing tape at the leading end of the box, continuing along the center seam to the trailing end. This is called a "C" clip application. The taping head cuts the tape as it is being applied. After the box is securely sealed, it exits the case sealer. Taping heads usually function in pairs to tape two seams of a case, either in an upper and lower configuration to tape top and bottom or mounted left and right to seal cases lying on their sides.
3M Tapes designed for use with the 3M-Matic™ Case Sealer 8000af With 3M™ AccuGlide™ 3 Taping Head
- Scotch® Box Sealing Tape 355
- Scotch® Box Sealing Tape 371
- Scotch® Box Sealing Tape 373
- Scotch® Box Sealing Tape 375
- Scotch® Box Sealing Tape 3071
- Scotch® Box Sealing Tape 3072
- Scotch® Box Sealing Tape 3073
And any of our other Scotch® or Tartan™ Box Sealing Tapes.
Accessories Available for the 3M-Matic™ Case Sealer 8000af With 3M™ AccuGlide™ 3 Taping Head
- 3M™ Tape Application Monitor: Detects proper application of tape to a box
- 3M-Matic™ Casters: Locking / swivel design for easily moving the case sealer from one production area to another
- 3M-Matic™ Infeed/Exit Conveyor: allows the cases to be more easily staged and fed into and out of the case sealer
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science and Innovation
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, we apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.
- Operation Type:
- Maximum Cases Per Minute:
- Drive System:
- Side Belt
- Minimum Box Length (in.):
- Minimum Box Width (in.):
- Minimum Box Height (in.):
- Maximum Box Length (in.):
- Maximum Box Width (in.):
- Maximum Box Height (in.):
- Uniform or Random: