Epson ColorWorks CW-C6500P Color Inkjet Label Printer with Peel-and-Present
Quality 8" color label print and peel at a price comparable to thermal transfer.
The first printer specifically designed as a color upgrade to black-and-white thermal transfer printers1, the ColorWorks CW-C6500P inkjet printer delivers on-demand, 8" color labels at a comparable price2. Engineered for mission-critical applications, this reliable printer speeds through labels at up to 5" per second3.
Featuring up to 1200 dpi resolution, the CW-C6500P produces crisp images comparable to pre-printed labels. Compatible with ZPL II, SAP® and more, and built to accommodate remote printer management, this versatile printer offers seamless integration with your existing workflow. The first color inkjet label printer to offer a peel-and-present option4, it’s ideal for fast, print-and-apply applications.
The C6500P gloss printer comes with black ink optimized for gloss label media, which works on the widest variety of substrates, compared to the matte black ink.
Also available in Matte.
Epson ColorWorks CW-C6500P Overview
- Reliability you can count on — engineered by Epson for demanding applications; backed by industry-leading service and support
- First printer specifically designed as a color upgrade to black-and-white thermal transfer printers1 — with similar media handling capabilities, speed, features and connectivity options, all at a comparable price point
- Enhanced productivity — eliminate the need to pre-print; speeds up to 5" per second3; fast time to first label
- Astounding image quality — up to 1200 dpi resolution with various droplet sizes; crisp images comparable to pre-printed labels
- Seamless integration — compatible with ZPL II, major middleware, SAP, Windows®, Mac® and Linux
- Remote printer management — for managing large fleets over the network
- The first color label printer with a peel-and-present option4 — Ideal for fast, on-demand print-and-apply applications
- Applicator I/O control port for truly automated workflow — supports I/O commands; can be integrated into nearly any workflow
- Low cost — comparable to existing thermal transfer printers2
- Durable, high-quality labels — meets BS 5609 certification5
Epson offers the first color inkjet printer with peel-and-present capability, which can help speed up the manual application of on-demand labels. An integrated label-taking sensor holds off subsequent printing until the previous label is removed. This feature is ideally suited for fully automated label application systems. This unique capability eliminates the need for a loose loop and allows individual labels to be taken as soon as they are printed.
Epson-engineered PrecisionCore® TFP® printhead technology delivers ultra sharp text and precise barcodes. It also produces varying droplet sizes that, coupled with a 1200 x 1200 dpi resolution, can produce a huge gamut of vibrant, accurate colors, smooth gradations and fine image details. So, whether the challenge is to produce complex informational labels or high-quality product labels, the CW-C6000 series is up to the challenge.
ESC/Label and ZPL II Interface Languages
ZPL II capabilities allow you to experience the advantages of Epson inkjet technology without reprogramming existing systems. ESC/Label command extensions can be added to unlock the power of color. Leverage color for color-coded fields, product pictures, logos and marketing messages to improve overall business processes and brand image.
Remote Management Tools
Epson made the CW-C6000 family for large-scale enterprise environments. To support these high-volume scenarios, a wide range of remote management tools are available. These allow IT and support teams to remotely monitor the status of large fleets of printers, generate email alerts on items needing attention, remotely deploy firmware updates, set up complex network environments, and view or modify settings from any computer browser or Android™ or Apple® powered smartphone.
General-purpose I/O Port
Designed for mission-critical production, all CW-C6000 family printers come equipped with a general-purpose I/O port. This gives automation developers all the control they need to seamlessly integrate the printer into their automated workflow. The port provides all the necessary information on supply levels, status, faults and readiness. Inputs enable users to pause, clean and print.
Versatile Ink Types
The CW-C6000 family uses highly durable pigment-based inks with both gloss and matte versions available to best suit the labeling application. The gloss black ink can print on a wider variety of substrates. The matte black ink offers a darker, sharper black text and images on matte media. Both have been BS5609 certified5.
Epson ColorWorks CW-C6500P Specifications
Printing Technology: Serial inkjet PrecisionCore TFP
Print Width: 8.34" (212 mm)
Image Security: Nozzle Verification Technology, auto head maintenance and auto missing dot compensation
Ink Type: UltraChrome® DL pigment ink
- SJIC35P-C Ink Cartridge (Cyan)
- SJIC35P-M Ink Cartridge (Magenta)
- SJIC35P-Y Ink Cartridge (Yellow)
- SJIC35P-BK Ink Cartridge (Gloss Black)
Ink Configuration: CMYK in individual cartridges
Operating Systems: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 SP1, Windows Vista® SP2, macOS® 10.6.8 or later, Linux
Server Systems: Windows Server® 2019, 2016, 2012 R2, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008
- Operating Temperature: 5 to 35 °C/20 – 80% RH humidity
- Storage Temperature: -20 to 60 °C/5 – 85% RH humidity
Sound Level: 55 dBA
- Printer (W x D x H): 17.5" x 20.9" x 12.8" (444 mm x 515 mm x 326 mm)
- Shipping (W x D x H): 24" x 28" x 19" (610 mm x 710 mm x 480 mm)
- Printer (Dry): 57.3 lb (26.0 kg)
- Shipping: 81.6 lb (37.0 kg)
Safety Approvals: UL1950/CSA C22.2 No.950, TUV, GOST-R
Warranty: 1-year depot repair
- Print Width:
- Printer Format: